Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Announcement to my DC area readers

Dearest Readers, Friends and Supporters,
Many of you already know this, but I thought it now appropriate to announce to the general cyber-surfing population that I will be leaving DC in August to pursue a position as Assistant Professor of Art Education at Buffalo State (SUNY).
I want to take this opportunity to thank everybody who visited Artzee Eye! I plan to keep the Blog, but I am not sure yet to what capacity. As you probably have already noticed, recently I have not been very diligent about updating. Please do check back periodically!
The big move will be two-fold; I grew up in upstate NY (Niagara Falls) so while I await this new experience and know it will be full of new adventures, it is also a long-awaited homecoming. There are many wonderful things about Buffalo; it offers much more than simply snow and cold. (For example: I'll be teaching right across the street from the Albright -Knox Art Gallery!)
I do admit to harbouring mixed emotions. The DC area has been home for eleven years and I have been overwhelmed with experiences of all kinds; both good and bad, of course. Primarily, though I have made great friends, had wonderful colleagues, met fascinating people and enjoyed immensely living in the same city as the National Gallery of Art, the entire Smithsonian, the National Mall, (even our less than popular leader and the folks participating in the inner workings of our political process), Artomatic and individuals from all walks of life here in this very capitol of cities. Living here has helped shape the person I have become and will continue to impact the person I will be. It is tough to leave but I am thrilled and excited to embark on the next leg of the journey. I will be teaching art teachers. What better way to share, put into practice and instill in others my own love of my chosen discipline?
Very best regards to all,
Candy Keegan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

the painterskeys.com community Get Firefox!